Blogging Beyond Writing

Networking Beyond the Net

I take pride in having the best network on my Facebook and Twitter accounts because I always believe that my network is my net worth. Having the best network isn't enough though. To build a real connection, it requires a link beyond the ink created by the internet. 

“New marketing is about the relationships, not the medium.” - 
Ben Grossman

Visayas Blogging Summit 2010


Then came the Visayas Blogging Summit organized by the Iloilo Bloggers Organization, where all the bloggers from the Visayas region feasted for a day and got to listen from renowned bloggers in the country, get to hear what they got to say about the future of social media, how we could make money online and how blogging can help in advocacy. 

Filamerians from Capiz, who also attended the said event, gave a detailed presentation of the events and list of speakers during the said summit. Check out their post of who said what here.  

If you'd like to view more photos of speakers during the Visayas Blogging Summit, take a closer look at my Facebook album which I allowed access for everybody. Have fun viewing!

PEBA, Inc. (Pinoy Expats/OFW Blog Awards) 2010

“Social media is not a media. The key is to listen, engage, and build relationships.” - David Alston


The PEBA Awards Night 2010 with Ico, Jigz, (I'm sorry I didn't get his name), me and Sir Nereus)

Then I got invited to be one of the judges for the PEBA 2010 wherein I was so privileged to be part of the great event that gives award to the OFW bloggers and their supporters with the theme for this year: "Strengthening the OFW Families: Stronger Homes for a Stronger Nation."

Though I had to travel from Iloilo to Manila just to attend the said awarding ceremony, it was such a fun time to get to meet the bloggers, organizers, winners and supporters of the said event. I got to meet co-bloggers Antonio Carranza, Jr. of Pusangkalye.net, Marvin the Kikilabotz Blogger, Unnie and many others. 

It was also a great experience to get to meet Susan Ople and Carl Ople. The latter gave a quick keynote that pretty much encompasses the reason why we need to blog and how we could use the new media in helping build a much stronger nation and better place to live in. To all the winners, congratulations. To all the supporters, mabuhay ang sambayanang Filipino! For a complete list of the winners, click here

Networking is the Best Way of Learning

I would always remember what a highschool friend told me that you could get to learn from everyone you meet everyday. I'd say, you could get to learn lots of things from those who have been through a lot of things in life. Make the most of your learning through networking.

No comments: