World’s Coolest Intern - 3 Reasons Why Standard Chartered Bank Needs Me!


“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it is not fish they are after.” -  Henry David Thoreau 

For the past few days I felt that I have been running in circles and living a life that isn't completely useless, but not entirely useful. Perhaps it's a feeling that you get when you're not really sure what you want to accomplish in life. Or worse, you know what you want but you just don't have what it takes to make it come true. 

Or is it? I don't think so. Not anymore.

When I've read about Nuffnang's latest blog post about Be the World’s Coolest Intern with Standard Chartered Bank, I thought it would be another contest which I wouldn't want to take part of. Or at the back of my mind, I was worried that it would be something I couldn't qualify. However, when I started reading on, these words struck me:

If you’re feeling deflated because you’re not in Singapore and you’re not a student required to undergo an internship programme, fear not! Standard Chartered accepts applicants from all over the world, and it doesn’t matter if you’re 19, 29 or 39 – all you need is passion, a thirst for learning, and really fast thumbs to keep up with all the Tweeting and Facebooking.

There were several contests, especially international ones that I usually do not qualify. Hence, I always try to avoid them with the fear of rejection and would turn out to be a waste of time. However, in this case, I felt that is something that I have always wanted to do. Something that I am passionate about. Therefore, with the bazillion of reasons why Standard Chartered Bank should consider hiring me as an intern, below are just three of them that pretty much encompasses why they need someone exactly like me! 

1. I am not famous. I'm just indubitably awesome.



Just as every game should be played not with the best people but with the right ones, I do not have extraordinary skills like Einstein-ish brains in calculation or Newton-like skepticism but I have the heart that aims to make this world a much better place. From my simple thoughts and posts, I aim to make a little change in a little way I could. 

The same is true with Standard Chartered Bank, they have long lived a tradition to be here for good. Not just some commercial bank trying to persuade people to entrust their hard-earned money with them just for profit but they have a higher purpose and everyday, they strive to live with the same commitment that has kept them strong and one of the most trusted banks by millions of clients worldwide. 

The purpose of life is a life of purpose. - Robert Byrne



2. I eat. I tweet. I update. I sleep. Or all those things altogether.

You want an intern that is not just a social media addict but someone who has passion for spreading the good news? Look no further because the search is over! I love to tweet, to network (as I believe that my network is my net worth) -- you've read it right! 

I have the best people in my network like Penelope Trunk of BrazenCareerist, Pete Cashmore of Mashable, Steve Pavlina of Personal Development for Smart People, Jen Friel of TalktoMeNerdyLover, Ted Murphy of IZEA, Amanda Steinberg of DailyWorth, Rene Godefroy of VillageHero and many other influential and truly motivational people both in the webworld and corporate world. I have some of them as my followers on Twitter too. These people always has got something to say, and they happen to listen to what I've got to say too!

Did I mentioned that I used to work as a Social Media Strategist for SaveYourStuff and as a Social Media Evangelist for Spidvid, too? Those were pretty cool experiences that has helped me grow my passion for social networking and reaching out to target audiences of those campaigns. 

3. Always up for learning.

I don't necessarily have the best things in life. I just happen to always see what's best in them. Under the most frustrating circumstances, I always see the brighter side in them just like what happened when I lost my internet connection, a bank didn't keep up to my expectations but I still stick around with them and learned in Wall Street the movie. I'm the kind of person that isn't easily deterred when I know what I want to accomplish in life. I happen to have the patience to match such oozing determination. 

So seriously, why waste your time looking further?


Note: For those who would like to show their support in helping me become the World's Coolest Intern, be sure to "Like" this Facebook page


If you enjoyed this post then your donation would be appreciated!

11 comments:

Bryan Khoo Seng Kiew said...

Hai... Jonha... thanks for visiting my blog and comment... I am also still learning... after read through yours... I also can feel the competition is strong... haha... you have unique style of writing... love it... and I linked you too... perhaps we can both learn together in the future in many aspects... take care... and all the best for our coolest intern!!... ^^

Jonha Ducayag Revesencio said...

Hi Khoon,

Thanks for stopping by! Joining this great opportunity is already a privilege as it opened a way for me to connect and reach out with other participants that I couldn't have done in any other way. Best of luck for both of us! :)

LUCKY_STRIKE_14 said...

Hai Jonha,

Thanks for dropping by at my blog. Your blog post is awesome. I can feel that all the competitors out there are strong. Maybe this is the time we could learn from each other to improve. All the best to us ya!!!

tevco said...

I think you are great!

{Karming} said...

Honestly, you are already a winner in my eyes... =)

and do you mind to share with me the tips to build such a strong portfolio and network? I am gonna start working next year .. so .. hehe

Gaurav Sharma said...

Hey thanks for the comment and congrats for being among top 23. Wish you all the best..hope to see you in top 10 list..:) Keep up the good work going...

ECONOPINION said...

Congrats for being among the top 20...See you again on the Top 10...Jonha Rules

PrincessImp. said...

Thanks for your awesome comment on my blog. All the best to you for the WCI Top 10!

dlysen said...

Congrats... I like this part "1. I am not famous. I'm just indubitably awesome." Ang sarap talaga nang may recognition.

bulakbolero.sg said...

congrats.

Ning said...

hihi from malaysia to filipina! *wave wave* muahaha :D glad to hear from u <3 i didn't make it to the top but it was great to have a new friend with the same interest and passion!! congratz! after reading your post, you really deserve it! all the best to you. and last but not least laugh like madcow yea! spreading my happy germs to u *wink!wink!* xD