Look to God and Live




Exodus and Contentment

From my little vacation in Roxas City, I have learned about how Moses led the Israelites in their Exodus from Egypt. For 40 years, they traveled in the hopes in getting to the promised land. During the course of their travel, the Lord provided them with their needs and has never forsaken them. He provided them with manna and then quails so they would be able to survive. God was their ultimate Provider yet the people became so discontented and started to murmur against God. They started to complain about how their lives were far better if they stayed in Egypt. Little did they know that God has prepared for them much greater horizons and much more blessings.

Many times in our lives, we often complain about how difficult are situations are. We often compare our status to that of others who have much better standing in life. I happen to be the kind of person who lack a lot of material things in life. I grew up without a roof of our own, eating simple foods and dream about the day when I could get to eat all foods that I want, travel to places aside from my own country and so many other whims. Perhaps that's what you feel when you're deprived with so much worldly pleasures. 

I may not have all the things I want, but I am always grateful to God that I have all the things that I need. He never failed to provide me and my mom with all our necessities. Just like the Israelites in the Old Testament, we need to look to God and live simply. He wanted to prove to us that He exists and that He knows our needs, and if we are faithful enough, He will grant the desires of our hearts in His own due time. God has a perfect timetable and He knows what's best for us. If we want something, we can do all that we can to reach it but without God, all our toil will be in vain.

40 Years of Travel

We may wonder why it took them so many years to travel and still didn't get to reach their destination. Many times during their travel, the Israelites became wicked, stubborn and discontented. There's a cycle in every human's life wherein when one becomes blessed, he often turns away from God who gave and provided him with everything. Once he loses, he would then be chastised and beg God for forgiveness. It's a cycle when people are faithful-wicked-faithful depending on one's circumstances.

It is not a sin to be rich. We all want and need to have our basic needs and God actually wants us to be prosperous. However, sometimes we get so caught up with our riches and blessings that we sometimes forget where it all came from.

The Israelites could have traveled in shorter period of time and reach their destination. However, they lost their faith, became puffed up and wicked that God has to chastise them.

Yes, No or Wait

Did you ever wonder if God really hears and answers our prayers? He does! He always do.

The manner of how He answers them is what we often fail to recognize and think that He has abandoned us when the truth is, He always listens to our prayers and constantly yearns for us to constantly communicate with Him.

He answers with yes, no or wait.

I have a lot of prayers and most of the time, they don't get the affirmative responses. I wonder if God may be too busy working on other people's much more pressing concerns. Later did I realize that He does answer all our prayers in His own due time. If only we could get a glimpse of His timetable and have a broader perspective that which is not limited to the current situation.

God's Plan to Prosper You

When I enrolled in the Central Philippine University, Business and Accountancy major Marketing, I was concurrently working in a call center on a graveyard shift. It wasn't an easy joggling. It thought I was living the best of both worlds. 

Every time I came across difficult tests (mainly because I didn't have the chance to review my notes), I would look at the back portion of the test questionnaire. There I would read what seems to be the most commonly used wish of goodluck from the teachers. 




For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11 

I would then have the courage to do all that I can and I know that God hears and answers prayers, after all that I have done. It is very important that we should do our part in order for us to prosper.

In the process, it is essential that we should strive to align our plans to that of God.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. - Matthew 6:33

In our quest for success, let us always keep in mind that God will prosper those who do their part, keep their faith (that is to stay humble despite all the success) and you will see that He will open the gates of heaven and pour out bountiful blessings to you.

But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. - Deuteronomy 8:18

As you hope in your heart of prosperous life, be sure to look to God in all that you do, and live. He will keep His promise as you continually keep yours.

No comments: