My Celebrity Blog Has Just Reached PR4 and is DoFollow Now!

Last week I announced that I will be abandoning my celebrity blog so I could focus on some other things like this blog, my social life and many other priorities. Looks like I'm going to leave it with some good record as it just reached PR4 this month!

Today I've been blog hopping so I could read tips on guest blogging and I've learned that doing so will not only boost my authority but will also help me earn 5 figures. You've read it right, 5 figures baby!  I also found a good list of DoFollow blogs with high Page Rank then I stumbled upon how Page Ranking is such a cunning points system by Google to attract internet marketers and bloggers to be obsessed with their PR and do all the efforts to increase and fail to realize that they're spending much more than they ought to be in the long run. I've learned so much today about other ways of promoting your blog that I wanted to implement them and share some love to my readers by turning the nofollow attribute of my blog to dofollow instead.

From 3/10 last month, the page rank of my celebrity blog became 4/10 that I almost jumped in surprise when I realized that all the efforts that I've done in the past didn't go unnoticed with Google's Page Rank system.


What is a Page Rank? 

PageRank is a numeric value that represents how important a page is on the web. Google figures that when one page links to another page, it is effectively casting a vote for the other page. The more votes that are cast for a page, the more important the page must be. Also, the importance of the page that is casting the vote determines how important the vote itself is. Google calculates a page's importance from the votes cast for it. How important each vote is is taken into account when a page's PageRank is calculated. 
PageRank is Google's way of deciding a page's importance. It matters because it is one of the factors that determines a page's ranking in the search results. It isn't the only factor that Google uses to rank pages, but it is an important one. From here on in, we'll occasionally refer to PageRank as "PR".

In short, it's an icing to the cake that most bloggers and internet marketers are vying for since it sets a standard as to whose site has the most votes (relevant inbound links) and could therefore present many advantages to the blog with high page rank.

With so much excitement, I decided to turn this blog into DoFollow. 

What is a DoFollow Blog?

A lot of webmasters and bloggers have been so obsessed with this attribute because it tells the search engines to "do follow" the link to the comments section. Most blogger sites have been set to the nofollow attribute just to combat with the spamming. 




To remove nofollow attribute just follow the simple steps :

Login to your Blogspot dashboard
Click on Layout then go to  Edit HTML
Check mark Expand widget templates
Find this code

From the code remove “ rel=’nofollow’ “
new code will look like this
Click on save and refresh your blog.

You blog will no longer contain the no follow attribute.

I decided to share some love to my avid readers who likes to comment and hope not to attract spammers instead. haha

Feel free to share on the comments box below on how you've been optimizing your blog, guest blogging or any other forms of promotions and how these methods have become successful.

15 comments:

Britt Phillips said...

Hi John,

DoFollow is absolutely the way to go. I've noticed a marked SEO improvement on my own blog as a result. I'm also discovering that more and more blow owners are making this exciting realization as well.

David said...

My blog is also DoFollow. It helps bring in the traffic in the slow first while you start a blog.

Jonha Ducayag Revesencio said...

@Britt:

I think that giving the links in your blog with dofollow attribute will help encourage insightful conversation within your blog as commenters and visitors will be encouraged to leave their thoughts with the reward of getting their links followed by the search engines. I think it's a win-win situation.

@David:

While I believe it would help in a way to drive traffic to your blog, I do not see as the sole solution/method in driving traffic to your site. You still need to utilize other marketing tools such as social media, advertising, engaging in conversations in other blogs (or building a community then eventually network of loyal readers) and many other campaigns.

Kim self improvement and motivation said...

This is very encouraging news. I just started a new blog and made it dofollow because I want see if it will make a difference in traffic and comments.

venice Cheap Hotels said...

dofollow blog is really helpful in getting quick traffic on the website it will surely help to increase the pr

Radio Ads said...

Yeah its really hard to find a do follow blog or get a do follow link, thanks for sharing such a informative post with us.

webguru said...

Google figures that when one page links to another page, it is effectively casting a vote for the other page. The more votes that are cast

dofollow said...

Looking for something to blog about? I saw this post about dofollow and thought you would like to know about a new site, Wiki Dofollow. It is a community compiled list of high ranking dofollow sites. That way, the list stays current.

wikidofollow.org

If you want, be one of the first to blog about it. I am sure you know how difficult it is getting visitors to a new site. Your help spreading the word would be greatly appreciated!

thanks.

mario said...

I’m a big fan of this blog and I check it regularly. Keep up the great work!

Hotel Guide said...

Congrats to your PR 4. Btw, I'm Agnes Lee of Hotel Guide Blog. Can we use some of your arti­cles in our blogsite? We will credit you accordingly.

And also, if you are inter­ested to link exchange we are will­ing to trade links. You can con­tact me thru this email: agnes(dot)odusee(at)gmail(dot)com. Good luck and more power. Thanks. (:

IncomeInvestor said...

Hi, Jonha,

Congratulations for making money through your blogging.

I'm also a fan of reading other people's blogs and making comments. First of all, because it's fun to see what other people are writing about, both professionally and personally.

And secondly it's fun to give my opinions :)

And of course, I want do follow links!

If you don't mind, I'd like to make a few suggestions. Take them as you wish --

1. Get your own domain, and host a Wordpress blog. I know it would cost about $9 per year from Godaddy and about $5 per month for hosting, but you won't be at the mercy of Google (which owns Blogger). They could shut you down any time they wish, with not warning. Build your own domain.

2. For SEO reasons, keep your blog to one topic. If you want to get personal sometimes, then keep those posts on a personal blog, which you could host on Blogger.

3. Visit the Warrior Forum - where many Internet marketers hang out. You'll learn a lot more about making money online -- http://www.warriorforum.com/

Potlatch Corporation

Harry said...

Yeah its really hard to find a do follow blog or get a do follow link, thanks for sharing such a informative post with us.
learn english online

Anonymous said...

What i find troublesome is to discover a weblog that can capture me for a minute but your blog is different. Bravo.

Anonymous said...

Thank you to sharing helpful information

Derron said...

Lots of blogs lately seem to be changing over to "do-follow" links. However, I'm beginning to wonder what good it will do for SEO purposes if Google isn't updating Pagerank anymore? Hasn't been an update in over 8 months now.