Be Sure to Lock the Door!


Trust me, there's bazillion of ideas for blog posts running into my mind for the past few days such as "How Many Bottles of Shampoo Do You Use in a Month?" (as a lot of people have been asking me that and I think it's worthy of a post to try and answer such a normal question and talk about how the hair should be well taken cared of. I also wanted to make a blog post about "What If There's No America?" I'm sure not a lot of people have thought about that. We've been so used to having such a powerful country around that we may have failed to ponder upon such a random question but I'd like to discuss about what impact will it create if there was no country like America today. What countries could be as powerful as they are now. Could it be China, Russia or a small island like Cayman Islands? We never know but I thought it's worth a blog post to answer such an almost thoughtless question.

I also wanted to post about the "7 Things I Hate About Mormon Guys". Don't get me wrong, I'm no Heather Armstrong of Dooce. I am an active member of the LDS Church but sometimes there are things about LDS guys that I simply hate. I am toying on the idea of actually posting it so might as well check back on this post sometime next week for links.

Yet above all things, I decided to post about "Be Sure to Lock the Door".

Earlier today, I was in a hurry to pee that I wasn't sure if I locked the door in the ladies room when Emy Eslabra opened the door and we were both surprised!

The encounter wasn't as grossed as what's depicted in the picture, but almost. (*blush) At least I have zipped my pants and was about to pull it up when Emy opened the door. I thought it was one of the most awkward times of the life. I've never been into so much awkward moments so I would remember. The experience taught me to be sure to lock the door. Not only when you're in the ladies room or any private room but also I think it's important to lock up when...

1. Going on a full-time mission

Latter day Saints around the world are familiar with the phrase "lock up your heart" as they're about to serve their mission. Single men age 19 and women age 21 are encouraged to go on mission and be a part of one of the most active service around the world. During this time, these men and women are not allowed to have a relationship in the field while others choose to cool off their relationship for 18 months (for women) or 24 months (for men), or at least if they don't want to receive a Dear John letter while in the field.


2. Working with an attractive boss

If you want to keep your job, or at least if you want to focus on the task at hand, be sure to lock the door to your heart! I don't think it's possible to focus and fancy your boss at the same time. For some it may work but trust me, it's almost impossible! If you're serious about keeping your job, lock your heart especially if you're of the same age. Now I don't say that you can't both fall in love but better be safe than sorry, for the third time around I'd say it, lock your heart.



3. Dreams first

When you're a career-minded woman, you wouldn't want marriage to get in the way of achieving your goals in life so I suggest you locking up your heart till you reach all of your dreams and turn them into reality before settling down. I know a lot of women who suffer from regrets for not pursuing their dreams when they were single and were guilty that they're neglecting their family especially their kids because they're too busy hoping to make their dreams come true even if their attention needs to be divided. I believe that if you really want something, be sure to do it now and get things done while you still can, especially when you're single, so that by the time that you decided to settle down, you can.

Those are just some of the most important situations when you need to be sure to lock the door (to your heart) so that there will be no distractions and much obstacles in whatever you are pursuing. Remember, be sure to lock the door when you don't want to be disturbed!

Also, feel free to share some of the most awkward moments you've ever had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, lol, awkward moments. Can't help but laugh at the picture, nice post!