The Au Pair Visa for Filipinos to Go to UK Has Been Long Been Abolished Since 26 November 2008

The Philippine Embassy Labor Office issued their latest warning last 22nd of  January 2010 on fake online job offers for Filipinos wanting to immigrate in the United Kingdom. The bogus online job offers that are rampantly circulating through emails and even Facebook.

Among the UK jobs which have been offered to Filipino applicants lately include positions like Nannies, Au Pair, Hotel staff, Store Manager, Salesmen, Engineers, and many others.

It should be noted, though, by Filipinos that the Au Pair visa scheme had already been abolished effective last 26 November 2008 and has been replaced by the Youth Mobility Scheme under the new UK Points-Based System.

It is therefore in no way a host family from UK could pay for all your travel cost or give you the promised salary and almost luxury life that they're promising, in exchange of you paying for their barrister's fee or whatsoever. 

I've just received a message through Facebook 7 hours ago from "Christopher Mullen" (don't be surprised when the link gets broken as I am sure that in a week or so, this account will be deleted or inactive because this was just made up by some Nigerian scammers to fool people who wants to be an au pair) so I tried to add him to my friend's list so I could check and verify the account's authenticity but I guess he know's better now and became wary that he could be exposed just like what I did with "Nicole Edwards". I've noticed that this Christopher Mullen has just recently signed up with Facebook and he's done a good job in making his profile semi-private. 

Here's what he said:

Hi,

Am Christopher Mullen, a widower for three years. I got your name from the nanny website easyaupair.com.I need a person to serve as my awesome kids Nanny and i liked what i read from your profile. My former nanny was Asian and she served us well but she had to leave after completion of her contract and get settled with her Hubby. I reside in London,United Kingdom with my two lovely kids am seeking for the services of a nanny to come and work for me in the U.K.Their mom is Late and its such an heavy task taking care of the kids alone besides i would be traveling for a project soon. I am willing to offer Eight Hundred and Fifty GBP (£850) per week and will provide monthly shopping allowances as well as accommodation.
If interested do reply to my email at mull.christoph@gmail.com and i would send you more details of the job. Please respond promptly if you have an international passport,if you are interested in the job.

Thanks,

Christopher Mullen.

5 Signs That The Au Pair Offer Is A Scam

1. Grammar
The letter above is much better when compared to other au pair scam emails that I've received but if you carefully read their letters, you will see what they all have in common. These letters are poorly drafted and constructed.

2. High Salary
Let's face it, au pairs are like much more sophisticated domestic helpers (DH) and the latter do not make much money (at least it is quite a huge amount when sent in the Philippines). It is therefore suspicious when they try to offer you pretty high salaries and benefits. 

3. Contact Person
Most of the letters would only address you with "Hi" and goes on telling about their family, their kids, their job and their need for an au pair. It was designed to have a generic "hi" because they blast or send it to thousands of people wanting so bad to be an au pair in another country. 

If you look at the e-mail address, it is different from the e-mail address. Well some may say that maybe the person used his spouse email. Well, it couldn't be always the case. Here are some of the samples:

Mrs Anita Collinson Family Cares
Jessica Jenifer

4. Wrong Documents
With so much people that they're corresponding with, they could get caught with their responses and the documents that they're sending. Here's one sent from annjohn122@yahoo.com alias "Julie Ann Lawrence" or Ann. Notice that the letter was sent in attention to Loreta G. Alalim and not my name. 


Attn: Loreta G. Alalim

We acknowledge with thanks the receipt of your mail and the content well noted.

An Affidavit of guarantee is a legal approve document by the Immigration authorities of United Kingdom. The affidavit is an immunity which covers the aupair and employee; it is duly process and signed by the immigration authorities.

To process a dully legalized/signed Affidavit of Guaranty will cost you 500 GBP all together with attorney fee.

On acceptance, we shall forward to you all the required information needed from you.

Thanks.




Barr Buchy Iwu
Attorney at Law





Even if they're already corresponding with you, they would still misspell your name. Here's an almost believable story from since they looked for a "common ground" and almost made me believe they were indeed LDS. 

Hi Junha

it was same spirit that advice me to contact you, since i have been contacted by several aupair's but i decided to choose you as the spirit of church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints advice me to do, wonderful..!!! the spirit works together you can believe that.
So far i have stop searching since i have finally gotten you as one, There's a Mormon temple close to my area where we worship and we believe we both will worship the same temple.

Regrding your visa, I will advice you to contact one of the leading traveling agent in UK named TAMACO TRAVELING AGENCY, they will help you in securing your traveling documents within 4 working days, they are license traveling agent, contact them through their email address: tamacoaba@yahoo.com I will forward a letter of invitation copy to the traveling agent for a quick processing of your traveling document so that you will be here on or before 10th February 2010.

As for your flight, i will book flight through Euro Star just let me know the date of your arrival and furnish me with your passport information.

Ann

5. Money
Everything that requires you to send money online especially through Western Union should tip you off that it is a fake job. Here's a copy of an email from a "John Lloyd" (funny that his name sounds like that of a famous actor here in the Philippines)





From:
John Lloyde  

To: cute_jon00100@yahoo.com

Dear Jonha,

Hope your doing fine? We are fine here as well. I received your resume and i have forwarded to the immigration attorney. Concerning the issue of the processing cost of your immigrant visa, which comes with a work permit. I can only help by taking up to 80% of the cost while you handle the remaining 20%. Am working on a very tight budget am a single parent i have bills to pay every week. Talking about salary deduction is out of the case because i applied for a bank loan for your one year salary which the bank have approved but the cannot release any part of it till you start up work here. The attorney requires the processing fees to secure the immigrant visa i don't want to be wasting time. If that's okay for you then send the required documents to the immigration lawyer he explained to me that his going to need the following to be able to process the immigrant visa from the British home office here in London. He will be drafting the worker's agreement for us in line with United Kingdom labor laws. Below are the documents  the attorney need. So let me know your position urgently because i don't have much time the month is almost coming to an end.


(1) Photocopy of your international passport.



(2) Police clearance certificate.



(3) Reference letter.



Kindly scan and send the required documents to him for further directive.



Attn: Mr. Andrew Moore
ANDREW AND PARTNERS
Solicitors and legal practitioners 
Add: Suite 112 Rover building, 626 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, London W4 5RY
E-mail: barristerandrewmoore@yahoo.co.uk 
Tel: +44-7045721372. 


I hope to hear from you.

Thanks and God Bless,
John

As I was checking my database (haha, I've received a lot of these au pair scam emails that I almost accumulated a database!), I saw that one of them was online so I decided to chat. I almost got teary eyed laughing at how the scammer reacted! lol Please note that this is the same person that claimed that she's LDS and talked about spirit, haha.


Do not easily believe in whatever the scammer are saying because first and foremost, there are no au pair visa for Filipinos to go to UK. Second, if they will provide you with such an opportunity, they shouldn't ask you for any money. If you've received any of these au pair letters, feel free to post their email addresses and their letters to help prevent these au pair scammers from fooling many people who might have not been aware of this au pair scam program.


Below are just some of the email addresses of scammers that I have encountered. Feel free to add from those that you've received au pair scam emails from.



michaelsant@comcast.net
vocationfamilyhome@gmail.com
jsandraandd@yahoo.com
millsmills6@gmail.com
juliemacleod18@yahoo.com
iceypeanut@yahoo.com
srh5969@gmail.com
johnlloyde@live.com
bluegrassbiggss@hotmail.com
annjohn122@yahoo.com
tamacoaba@yahoo.com
gjcox21@yahoo.co.uk

9 comments:

Rabica Samsung said...

Thanks for the such a informative post .The information in the blog will help the readers to be alert from scam .I am traveling for winter sun holidays the information will definitely will help me .

Madoyan said...

Its very useful information,

Right says that in 21 sentury very expensive thing is INFORMATION

jane said...

I also received some emails coming from this person named marvin Kendall and the letter goes this way.

Hello Au Pair/Nanny,

Hello interest aupair applicant Am Mr Marvin Kendall, I work independently as contractor in a small firm Based in London. Am 38 years old and my contact address is ''248 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, London, Greater London, E17 3AX, United Kingdom, As part of the information you'll require, I have a beautiful wife and two wonderful interesting kids to be with namely Laura (7 years of age) and Angel (3 years of age) respectively. Due to the nature of my wife work and i, we hardly have the time for the lovely Kids then after scrolling through your profile on {WWW.NEWAUPAIR.COM}, I consider you worthy as my kids aupair So there fore would be very happy to hear back positively from you.

Your duties strictly will be taking the kids to school and bringing them back home, play with them, go to Museums, Playground, Cinema Hall, prepare/fix their meals and snacks. You will have your Private Room which would consist Air-Conditional, Television, 24 hours Internet Access and a Telephone to always keep you in touch with your friends, families and probably relatives, a Bathroom and Toilet. You will have Saturdays and Sundays as your off days, so to enable you have enough time for yourself otherwise. As for your salary, I will be willing to pay you 1,500 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 300 Pounds weekly which I suppose should be enough for your primary needs.

Get back to me on my private email {marvinmrvnkndll@aol.com}
Awaiting your rapid respond.

Jonha @ Happiness said...

Hi Jane,

Thanks for sharing the content of the email from "Marvin Kendall". It obviously is an au pair scam. They're just trying to extract from information and money from you. I hope you didn't send them any.

They sent you a generic email which they email blast to all prospective au pairs.

I hope you will be aware and beware :)

Jencuu said...

Dear Melinda,

Many thanks to your email. To answer your question as follows:-
I have had an aupair before Zoya by name we live for past two years before she relocate to Chez Republic, we had a very close relationship infact she is the best aupair I can eva think of. By law our aupair is required to work for five hours daiyly. We live in five rooms bungalow apartment. The aupair has right to go out as soon as the work is over. The Payment wil be done as both agreed, weekly or monthly depending on our mutual agreement, regarding the children, they are friendly and easy to adopt to a stranger.

Regarding the affidavit of guarantee, please kindly contact Barrister Buchy Iwu through his email address: barbuchy@ymail.com notify him that you have been offered a job as an aupair by Mrs Ashley Everest living at Enfiled and you needed to obtain a sworn affidavit of guarantee from the British Crown Court to enable you work, the attorney will notify you the modalities.

Hope to hear from you.

Ashley

Jencuu said...

HI,this is the email i got from a nanny seeker family what do you think?
Dear Melinda,

Many thanks to your email. To answer your question as follows:-
I have had an aupair before Zoya by name we live for past two years before she relocate to Chez Republic, we had a very close relationship infact she is the best aupair I can eva think of. By law our aupair is required to work for five hours daiyly. We live in five rooms bungalow apartment. The aupair has right to go out as soon as the work is over. The Payment wil be done as both agreed, weekly or monthly depending on our mutual agreement, regarding the children, they are friendly and easy to adopt to a stranger.

Regarding the affidavit of guarantee, please kindly contact Barrister Buchy Iwu through his email address: barbuchy@ymail.com notify him that you have been offered a job as an aupair by Mrs Ashley Everest living at Enfiled and you needed to obtain a sworn affidavit of guarantee from the British Crown Court to enable you work, the attorney will notify you the modalities.

Hope to hear from you.

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Hello I get a LETTER i want to know if this is scam thank you

Dear Aupair,

Am happy to contact you,we saw your profile at www.easyaupair.com,

A fun, energetic and pro-active LIVE IN Nanny is required to care of my
baby boy Mark who will be 2 years old when this sole charge position
commences. The
hours will be 25-30 hours a week Monday – Friday.

You will be paid an allowance of 1500GBP monthly and 500GBP every
second week of every month for your pocket money.

You must not be an experienced Nanny with baby experience and a
references is needed to support
your application if any. A driver is not required. Salary £negotiable.Contact
me on my e-mail: gibbsjamesfamily@gmail.com to show your interest
then we can communicate further.

My name is Mr.Gibson James and i am 40 years old,am a medical doctor in
my private hospital here in London.My Wife Maris is 35 years old and
also work with me as a
Nurse in our private hospital.

This position requires a confident nanny/aupair that is interested in
development and education and also willing to travel to Untied Kingdom

Get back to us soon with your pictures and Resume.

Kind Regards

Mr.Gibson James

Anonymous said...

I wish I have read this post earlier..I am a victim of a scammer who was recently introduced to me by a former colleague who I trusted and promised to take me to the US as a nanny. Please beware of these persons: Andrew Schmidt using andrewschmidtt@outlook.com as his contact email, Hunt Morris who is using huntmorris@gmx.com and huntmorris@mail.com as his email addresses. They use STA Visa Int'l. as the agency who will process the visa and Audrey Hayes with email stavisa.inquiry@usa.com as the visa consultant. Hope I am their last victim.

Anonymous said...

I wish I have read this post earlier..I am a victim of a scammer who was recently introduced to me by a former colleague who I trusted and promised to take me to the US as a nanny. Please beware of these persons: Andrew Schmidt using andrewschmidtt@outlook.com as his contact email, Hunt Morris who is using huntmorris@gmx.com and huntmorris@mail.com as his email addresses. They use STA Visa Int'l. as the agency who will process the visa and Audrey Hayes with email stavisa.inquiry@usa.com as the visa consultant. Hope I am their last victim.